Tuesday, May 31, 2011



Nadia's Baptism

May the 9Th 2010, i was standing in this little room of the NICU, looking down at Nadia who was laying cosy in her incubator sucking on her pacifier, when i was asked by Father Gregory the question if I wanted him to Baptize her today, a day before he first surgery ... i looked up at him with tears in my eyes and said "No" he looked at me with a little concern in his eyes and asked me again if i was sure... i explained to him that if i would let him Baptize her today, it would be as if i am giving up on her..... everyone that knows me, knows that this, i could never do... i had/have no doubt in my mind that God had more planned for my little sunshine and that we would celebrate her Baptism like i had it planned, right after her first birthday & BIG.
He smiled at me, nodded his head and said"OK".
What a wonderful priest to not push for it and to be so understanding.
Even though we said we wanted to keep the Baptism small with just few family members and a few friends we ended up having 85 Guests mostly Family.. it was wonderful !
Our photographer took the most Beautiful Pictures which unfortunately i can't post all on this blog but i will post my favorites :) Enjoy





Start from the Bottom :)

My sweet sweet cousin Hanan
My Nephew Issa... he is so handsome
He didn't look like that when i got him ready...lol

Our Beautiful Church around 1:00 pm
My good friend Vicky
A prayer before Dinner
My sister in law Jeannette
Justin's little girlfriend Mary :)
Issa
Baptism Cake made by Rula Dabit
My sisters & me
Nadia
I would love to know what she was thinking in that moment
Nadia & Issa
Isn't she just so pretty P?P?
My absolute favorite
I love this one so much!
Nadia & her Godparents
:)
my little sunshine
she enjoyed all the attention
during the Candle ceremony
Tradition is, that a child's hair will only be cut after their Baptism
The priest anoints Nadia with oil.
they dunked her 3 times
i was a little scared as u can tell
dunking her into the Holy water
The way she looks at Father Gregory is priceless
Just a Beautiful Picture
Nadia's Towel
The first part of the ceremony is held at the church's entrance
Tommy and his mother
At first it seems as if justin is praying but he is just playing a game on some ones iphone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment