Tuesday, August 9, 2011



I need to Vent!

Saturday, a day after her 12 month check up ( the last post of Nadia is dated wrong) we had an appointment for her follow up hearing test.. she had one at Birth and at 6 month, which both i got the green light, with no concerns whats so ever.
She is suppose to have one every 6 month until she is 3 yeas old, but i scheduled her 12 month at 15 month along with her 12 month well check!

The audiologist, which i noticed at out last visit, isn't very friendly...made it clear to me that, that wasn't OK!!!!
I thought at our last visit, that she just had a off day, everyone does, but i guess that this is just the way she aways is...right when she came through the door..she gave me grief over why i didn't bring Nadia in for her 12 month hearing test..without even saying hello.. i mean ...wow really?? .... i am 3 month behind.. does those 3 month really make a difference? So, i felt like i needed to apologize and so i did... she kept this rude attitude the whole time i was there !





Anyway, she checked her ears with a little machine that looked like my Thermometer while Nadia was screaming from the top of her lungs! Between all the screaming and holding her down she said with a snappy, i told u so voice, something like " yup.. it can't get a ear drum movement"... when she was done.. she just shuck her head ...i asked her what this would mean and she said in the plain & simple words " well...that is a sign of hearing loss" .... i was in shock!





Hearing loss? Nadia? Nadia?!!?!?! Who can hear the keys turning when Tommy comes home? Who wakes up when i super slowly open the door? Nadia? Yea right... no way!



I didn't say anything or asked her anything further at that moment because i was just super shocked ! She sat us in this little box. I am sure all of y'all did that.. .. one speaker on ur right, one on ur left.. Nadia responded to all of the silly none sense she was saying through the speakers... through the glass window i saw her shaking her head again... by that time i was starting to get mad!


So we get out of the box and she tells me that Nadia has fluid in both of her ears and that i needed to get her treated for that....i told her that Nadia was just yesterday at the pediatrician and got a green light on both of her ears.. she just laughed and said " I am seeing fluid "... What does that mean for Nadia i asked her... again she just answered me, to go see her pediatrician for treatment....





I mean this is serious.. this lady has no clue what i have been threw since the fist day i found out about Nadia's heart!
I had to process so much information, information that made me break down in tears so many times, scared and worry so much...worry, alllll the time.
She can not just tell me that Nadia is loosing her hearing, without explaining it any further to me...!!!


I didn't give up there and asked many more questions....

Is it related to the ear infection she had just few weeks earlier???
How could she have fluid in her ears,even though her pediatrician just saw her???
What is the treatment going to be?
Is her hearing just going to get worse??

No clear answer .......i was officially frustrated and mad.....wouldn't u be ?


Then she said..."u know...her speech & language are great"..." well.. she might just be borderline" ...ahhhhh what???? Make ur mind up lady!! What is it now??? Completely confused!! I was so mad y'all!

I had enough of her unprofessional behavior, her facial expression and her head shaking attitude!


It was just unbelievable.... in the moment i didn't say or asked anything anymore.. i silently left the room and told the receptionist that i wouldn't be coming back when she wanted to schedule a follow up appointment.I left her Office with 1000 more questions then when i came in!



I blew of some steam by talking to Tommy and a couple of my friends!
On Monday i called her Paediatrician, that i completely trust with all my heart, he s truly a wonderful doctor!
He seemed to be confused about the fluid in her ears too, because he just saw her a day before but he said that fluid comes and go... i think he just said that to make her not look so stupid!
He didn't want to do any treatment and agreed that i might be a good idea to get a second opinion.. so that is what i did. I scheduled an appointment at Vanderbilt atthe end of September.

I am praying that this Doctor is completely wrong. I think Nadia has enough to deal with in life.... i am praying she won't have to battle hearing loss too!

I keep you updated





No comments:

Post a Comment