Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Little Soldier

Wow, yesterday was exhausting! We got a call around 10.00 Am that
Nadia's surgery went well and they were just finishing her up..it took them 4 more hours to get her to the PICU and another hour for us to see her!!
So around 3.00pm they opened us the door to the PICU ... my heart was beating so fast!! I was so ready to enter the room and kiss her and hold her hand again. Doing all the research i did and seeing pictures online i new what i was expecting... Tommy on the other hand had no idea what to expect and when i told him 2 days before surgery that Nadia will be swollen he must have thought it will look like my ankle that was swollen the night i went to the ER. Tommy was devastated... so hurt... i never seen him like this!!It hurt me seeing him like this as much as seeing Nadia that way!
She was so very swollen that we didn't recognized our little angel anymore... it felt like we are looking at a strangers baby.... I didn't think my heart could break in any more pieces but it did!
After a couple of hours talking to the nurses an doctors we reached the big 0 on our energy meter we both couldn't keep our eyes open anymore and dragged our self's to the hotel room.
I would like to apologize to all the visitors we missed and the phone calls we didn't answer but we just could't talk or see anyone that day.. Tommy even send his parents and my sister home. We just needed some time alone!

Nadia is slowly recovering she is doing great so far.. we had a little trouble with her blood pressure and her urin frequency but nothing that was unexpected according to the doctors..
Today her swelling went down a bit and she even opened her eyes for us and moved her hand a little.. but the pain medication keeps making her go to sleep again. Check SpellingI Know Nadia will be great.. she is my little Soldier!!!

I don't wish this to any parent or any baby... i cant believe that baby's so tiny can go threw so much... how strong they are.... true Fighters!
Please continue to pray for my little angel so she will be home with us soon!!

2 comments:

  1. What a little fighter! babies are much more resilient than we think they are. I'm sure she'll do just great especially with such loving and supporting parents like you guys!

    20 years from now you'll have a lot of stories to tell her about how brave she was and I'm sure mom and dad will be very proud at how great Nadia turned out to be.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete