Thursday, May 6, 2010











Nadia Mariam Dabit May 05 2010 7 Pounds and 4 ounces 18.3 inches




I can't believe she is already here!!! My delivery went really well.. we had to be at the hospital at 7 am and i was given potion to induce my labor around 9am.. my contractions got really bad around 12:00pm so i decided to do the spinal which was super super painful as well!!! After that i was pretty much in a daze and before i knew it i was fully dilated and ready to push.. 40 min later my beautiful baby girl made the great entrance to this beautiful world weighing 7 pounds and 4 ounces and 18.9 inches! Tommy got to cut the umbilical and after suctioning all the mucus out of her lungs and we heard her first cry I even got to hold her for few minutes... All her hair confirmed why i had this terrible heartburn during the whole pregnancy... Nadia is truly beautiful.. It broke my heart that the cardiology team had to take her so quickly.

While they got Nadia tested they placed me into the past
part rum room i started to feel weak and light headed and i noticed that I'm bleeding allot .. My nurse checked me out and called another nurse in then another one came in and another one and before i knew it i literally had 8 nurses and 2 doctors in the room with me and everyone was doing something on me...since i wasn't in any pain i didn't think anything of it... but the doctor started to explain to me that they might have to give me a blood transfusion, i approx. lost around 2 liter of blood and the reason for that was either that i have a extra piece of the placenta still stuck in there somewhere that they might have to curettag out or that my uterus didn't close up as suppose to do which was the case. So after about an hour or so 3 IV's, 5 pills and 2 shots later they finally got the bleeding to stop and i was monitored for the rest of the night... I was so weak that i didn't have the strength to go see Nadia that really got me upset... I kept thinking of her and the nurses in the NICU keep pushing us off.. every time Tommy called they told him they would need one more hour.. apparently the IV that was suppose to go threw her bellybutton was not working right and that they really would like to have that in so she would get the medicine that keeps the whole in her heart open in order for her to breath on her own.. Around 11.00 pm my nurse asked me if i wanted to go see Nadia and i found the strength to get up and see her.. so we did and once we arrived at the NICU which by the way is like a mile away from my room and entered her room she was surrounded by 4 people who each did something on her as well they send us out and asked us to wait.. we waited for 30 min and tried to go in again.. we really became frustrated and angry that we had not seen or heard any updates on Nadia... finally we decided to go back to the room..i didn't feel so good and couldn't wait any longer.. i am glad we did leave because they finished her up at 3 am still with one Iv not in place!! They ended up placing an Iv in her left arm and scalp!!
I had a restless night and i woke up that night just about every 20 min i was so worried about her!
The following morning i felt much better and the first thing we did was go and see her... we spent pretty much all day with her and enjoyed being around her!Justin was also allowed to see her for a few minutes, Nadia didn't smile at nobody until she saw her big brother Justin!! As soon as Justin started to talk to her..she just smiled away at him.... it was Love at first sight!!

As for Nadia now... she is doing well her oz levels are up and she is sleeping most of the time.. Her surgery on her heart is on Monday morning if nothing else happens..Please keep our sweet Nadia in your prayers.


Thank you















No comments:

Post a Comment